Wound Care App Case Study
Wound care treatment app and digital formulary for Entec Health
Quick & easy guide to wound care treatment & easy access to a healthcare organisation’s wound care formulary in digital format
The Wound Care Buddy app has been developed for healthcare professionals involved in wound management. It is currently being trialled in a number of NHS Trusts. It is available on iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
The mobile app will enable and empower healthcare professionals (HCPs) involved in managing patients with wounds to have immediate and easy access to the organisation’s wound care formulary (WCF), as on-the-go digital data on their mobile devices, covering:
- guidance on appropriate wound dressing use by wound type
- approved list of dressings on formulary
- price list/prescribing information
- wound assessment protocols
- specific practice/education information – for example infected wounds/negative pressure
- therapy/compression therapy protocol
- ability to alert/prompt/communicate on wound care practice operational matters
The Genetic Digital team supported Entec Health on the development and delivery of digital solutions across both web and mobile apps like Wound Care Buddy. I have found the team highly knowledgeable, professional and a pleasure to work with. If you are looking for healthcare specific web and app expertise and a genuine passion to help you succeed, then look no further.
WINNER – Journal of Community Nursing Awards
The Hounslow and Richmond Community NHS Trust tissue viability service was selected as winner of the Outstanding Practice in Wound Care Award due to the successful implementation of the ‘Wound Care Buddy’ app.
Got an app project you’d like to discuss?